Heather's Tummy Care, Organic Acacia Senegal Tummy Fiber, 16 oz (453 g)
- Date First Available: April 22 2009
Shipping Weight:0.61 kgSwitch to Imperial unitsShipping WeightThe Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product code: HTC-00000
- UPC Code: 180616000004
- Package Quantity: 16 oz
18 x 10.7 x 7.6 cm , 0.51 kgSwitch to Imperial units
- USDA Organic
- 100% Soluble Fiber
- Improves Bowel Stability™
- A Medical Food for the Dietary Management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Certified Organic by QAI
- Non GMO
- 100% Organic Soluble Fiber
- Additive Free
- Gluten Free
- No Oxalates
Through dietary management, acacia senegal helps relieve IBS symptoms, including diarrhea, constipation, and abdominal pain.
Heather's Tummy Fiber®
- A medical food for the dietary management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms. Acacia senegal is a natural (not synthetic) whole food soluble fiber with a clinically proven prebiotic effect.
- Studies have shown that soluble fiber, as part of the diet, helps regulate bowel motility (alleviating both diarrhea and constipation), and relieves abdominal pain from IBS.
- Acacia senegal's prebiotic effect stimulates the growth of healthy gut flora for ideal bowel stability, which can reduce bloating, gas, and bowel irregularities from IBS.
- Heather's Tummy Fiber is unique, because it has a good gastrointestinal tolerance and a proven significantly bifidogenic effect. Heather's Tummy Fiber is formulated specifically for the dietary management of IBS and improved bowel stability.
- Heather's Tummy Fiber is 100% Acacia senegal, never low grade Acacia seyal.
Heather's Tummy Fiber has no psyllium, FOS, inulin, FODMAPS, or IBS trigger such as:
- GI stimulants or irritants
- Insoluble fiber
- Citric acid
- Artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners
- Start with a low dose twice daily
- Increase gradually
- Keep increasing until symptoms stabilize
Start with 1/2 level teaspoon, twice daily. Add to an empty cup, then stir with a fork as you gradually add room temperature liquid. Let rest for a minute, then stir again to completely dissolve.
Does not dissolve well in boiling hot or ice cold liquids, but once fiber is liquified you can boil or chill beverage. Or, stir into any moist food.
Gradually increase your dose. Add an extra 1/2 teaspoon every 3-5 days and keep increasing until symptoms stabilize.
Diarrhea can resolve fairly quickly as you gradually increase your dose. Constipation, if chronic and severe, may take several weeks and require a gradual increase to the higher dose range of 4-5 tablespoons per day.
Daily Dosages Adults 12 Years & Older:
On average, symptoms stabilize at a final dose range of 4 to 18 grams (2 Teaspoons to 3 tablespoons) per day total, divided into two separate doses. You may need more or less. Max daily dose is 30 grams (5 tablespoons).
Cooking: Add 1 tbsp per cup of liquid, whisk.
Baking: Add 1 tbsp per cup of flour, whisk.
Sprinkle on moist foods or add to cup, stir on liquids.
Organic acacia powder (100% acacia senegal).
For use under a physician's supervision.
Keep out of the reach of children. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing. Under 12 years old consult your physician.
Use within 12 months of opening. Store airtight in a cool, dry place.
Organic product. Color variations may vary.
While iHerb strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by iHerb.
|Serving Size: 2.5 g (about one level teaspoon)|
|Servings Per Container: 180|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||2 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||9%|
|Soluble Fiber||2 g|
|Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium or iron.|
|* Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|