Page 1 - Reviews - Bob's Red Mill, Double Acting Baking Powder, Gluten Free, 14 oz (397 g) - iHerb
IN

Posted on Mar 28, 2022

I bake a lot but where I live they only sell baking powder in tiny little bags. This big bag will last me a long time and is a great value. The first bag I bought had unfortunately popped opened during shipping, but iHerb was kind enough to refund it. It's a relief knowing that this contains no added aluminum, and being gluten free helps as I am avoiding FODMAPs.

Posted on Jun 23, 2022

It is a very good baking powder, nothing not to like about it. I love baking on Keto with it, and it really does make a huge difference in texture of everything. Doesn’t create any gut problems for me. It’s the best baking powder for Keto recipes that I could find here.

Posted on May 14, 2022

Posted on Apr 30, 2022

This ain't your mother's baking powder! This is my second purchase of this, and you will have fluffier baked goods and pancakes than you can imagine! When you mix your pancake batter, you may want to start with a little more liquid. Also, resist the temptation to stir your batter more once it is blended together. Oh...and use a larger bowl than you used to, this batter poofs up big time. I swear, our pancakes come out about an inch thick and taste fantastic. I am not supposed to eat pancakes any more, but.... It's also great in biscuits.

Posted on Apr 16, 2022

I was looking for a no alumminum added baking powder and know the this company is very recommended, and so far I'm not dissapointed at all. The package could be a little better, for two reasons: - More environmentally friendly, given that it's made of plastic. - Better closing, since even though the zipper is closed the powder still manages to find its way outside somehow. Perhaps some kind of glass container could fix both matters, but what do I know about packaging. Other than that, enjoying this product.

Posted on Mar 17, 2022

My favourite baking powder. I really don't understand how baking powder can be anything but baking powder. However, there's definitely a better result in my baking (especially muffins) when I use Bob's Red Mill. I bake using gluten free flower, so a baking powder with extra rising ability and no horrible metallic after-taste is a winner in my book!

Annyan
Posted on Feb 4, 2022

This brand never disappoints! Excellent product as always. This is the first time I've bought such a large amount of backing powder, but I'm insanely happy with it. I keep it in a glass jar instead of the original packaging, so it's easier to get the right amount with a measuring spoon The product works great, I've already tested it a few times making bread, pancakes and muffins. The dough comes out perfectly and is very fluffy. Recommended, such a great volume for such a low price

Posted on Jan 21, 2022

I am very pleased with this purchase. The packaging is great. I especially like the zipper having a leveling line to make measuring easier to get a flat and level spoon full. I also like the zipper pouch because it is easier to get into the bag and get all I need.

Posted on Oct 3, 2021

Good quality baking powder that is certified gluten free, which is sometimes hard to find in baking powders or it is unclear if the product is same or not. I use this in baking, and I appreciate that Bobs Red Mill is transparent about their ingredients and clear in their labeling. I feel that it is quite a good price for the amount of product as well.

Posted on Jul 15, 2021

No compromise to the taste of whatever we bake and above all, it’s Bob’s Red Mill. We know we’re getting the real deal and as clearly described in the description panel. This is the ONLY baking powder we swear by. The only grouse we have is when iHerb is so darn slow in restocking this wondrous baking powder when the stocks run out. We waited with the patience of Rip van Wrinkle for this restock.