Page 1 - Reviews - J.R. Liggetts, Old Fashioned Shampoo Bar, Jojoba & Peppermint, 3.5 oz (99 g) - iHerb
IN

Posted on Jul 15, 2021

1_ hair loss: i used many products for hair loss as I have hereditary hair loss. this shampoo bar helped in reducing hair fall. my hair looks more healthy. 2_ Easy use you have to wet your hair well then rub it with the bar nicely.  the soap 🧼 easily washable. you will get the feeling of dryness, just ignore it. no need to do hair conditioning because it doesn't dry the hair. 3_ hair Care routine : your hair care will be changed fully after using the shampoo bar. you might need to reduce or change the products. I needed to avoid oily products because this doesn't dry my hair. 4_ frequency: I am able to wash my hair daily with this bar without being afraid of loosing my hair. 5_ colored hair? Go for it👍🏻: It is also good for colored hair. I color my hair with natural ways adding oxygen only and this doesn't make the hair color last long. but with using this shampoo, the color is lasting long time. 6_ natural product you must try it, you have nothing to lose

b2bdaff9-e0db-459b-8c1c-f4d3186df6f0
Posted on Jul 8, 2021

These shampoo bars are not for everyone. If you are moving from traditional shampoo to more natural ones you'll have to adjust to the changes in your hair when using these types of products. Since your typical shampoo strips your hair of the natural oils, new users might feel like they have greasy hair, etc. TIPS FOR NEW USERS: RINSING - Rinse, rinse, rinse! Extra rinsing is crucial if you use natural shampoos, otherwise you'll feel like you have soap residue in your hair. FOR LONG HAIR: I have long hair, so I cut off shavings of this bar (about 1/3 of the bar) and put it in an old pump soap dispenser, then added distilled water (or use purified). By doing this, a bar lasts me about a month, whereas it was lasting about 2 weeks before. Being able to pump out the suds, instead of rub the bar all over my head also allowed me to shampoo more efficiently, without getting my hair all tangled up by working the actual bar of shampoo throughout.

Posted on Dec 10, 2021

I’ve been trying to cut down on waste and plastic use so I decided to try this shampoo bar. Been using these shampoo bars for over a year now and I’m very happy with them. Keeps my hair clean without buildup. Hair feels very healthy, and no need to use conditioner. Also very affordable, one bar lasts quite a while for me and just a little bit goes a long way. Makes a nice lather too. Really recommend. Love the jojoba and peppermint scent for summer

Posted on May 20, 2022

Only takes a few swipes on the scalp to lather up, rinse and repeat a second time and hair feels fresh and clean. I take care in shower to not let the bar get blasted away. Direct hit by the shower will dissolve a lot of the bar in a matter of minutes. I store the bar between showers on the sink counter on a surgical/nail scrub brush. I'm guessing I get 60+ uses from bar.

Posted on Mar 21, 2022

Cleans really well! My hair is medium to long, so it works better for my to rub the bar over my hair a few times instead of trying to sud it out in my hands. Gives my fine hair really good volume. However, it’s more drying than I thought and I do need to use a conditioner or hair oil after. Doesn’t make my hair feel dry and damaged though. My mum (who has damaged brittle hair with hair loss and dandruff issues) also loved it after trying it. I just bought a bar for her.

Posted on Mar 11, 2022

First time using this brand. Very happy with it. It is a small size, but when you use it, you only need a little. SO, this will last awhile. First time using bar shampoo, and I really like the quality. No harsh ingredients!. It has a nice refreshing peppermint scent.

Posted on Feb 22, 2022

I have used this shampoo already for a year now - it is just perfect! Good for people who think about the environment - packaging only includes a paper wrap. The oils used are all-natural and really smoothen and treat the scalp skin. One bar lasts for approx. 1 and a half months.

Posted on Jan 25, 2022

I've used it over 2 years and I really like this product. Changing to shampoo bar is a simple step to reduce plastic bottles. My hair designer hasn't complained about a condition of my hair after I started using this bar :) I'd like to share how I use this soap in the bathtub. Foaming net helps me make bubble easily, and holder lets the soap and net dry completely. To be honest, I need to use conditioner once a week during the winter time as my hair becomes frizzy, but, overall, I highly recommend this shampoo bar!

Posted on Jan 16, 2022

It’s my first shampoo bar from iHerb and I’m in love with it so much. I was looking for natural hair shampoo bar without harmful substances. Actually I’m using soap nuts for a long time. But not always have time to prepare them (boiling, squeezing them to make foam). So this one is perfect for me. Just a little tip for u - always rinse it out carefully, longer than usual liquid shampoo. And of course don’t forget about conditioner. For those people who only moves from liquid chemical shampoo need some more time for adaptation

Posted on Sep 10, 2021

The smell is mild and I do notice a decrease in the amount of hair drop on the shower floor …also I like that it doesn’t leave a waxy feel on hair after using..hair actually feels soft which is something different from the other handmade soaps that I have used