Homemade Baby Diaper Balm
6 जुलाई 2018
Store-bought treatments might protect delicate baby but homemade remedies can ensure the use of natural ingredients that are often gentler and just as effective.
This homemade diaper balm contains all-natural ingredients that can protect delicate skin while encouraging healing when needed. Shea butter creates a natural moisture barrier against urine. The butter also maintains the skin's natural moisture and penetrates to hydrate. Shea butter additionally has anti-inflammatory properties that may aid in the healing process when skin becomes chapped or irritated.
Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties, which can protect baby's diaper area from yeast organisms. Yeast, also known as candida, is a common problem for infants and is known to contribute to diaper rash. The oil additionally has anti-inflammatory properties and act as an emollient to keep skin hydrated and soft.
Homemade Shea Butter Diaper Balm
- ½ cup of Shea Butter
- ¼ cup of Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5-10 drops of Essential Oils
- Combine the butter and oils in a medium saucepan.
- Melt the ingredients over a double boiler. Alternatively, put the ingredients in a glass bowl and melt them in the microwave, checking after every 30 seconds.
- Add a favorite essential oil and mix thoroughly.
- Allow the mixture to cool and solidify at room temperature. This process can be accelerated by placing it in the refrigerator.
- Once cooled, use a mixer to whip the balm until it becomes creamy.
- Put the balm into an airtight container with a lid. Label the balm for safe storage near food products.
- Storing the diaper balm in the refrigerator offers soothing relief when skin is irritated. The recipe will remain fresh for 6 months.