Replace your Morning Latte with Moringa
This blog has not been approved by your local health department and is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice.
Moringa is a tree that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years to treat all sorts of ailments and in tonics for the skin and hair. All parts of the tree from the leaves to the roots are useful for food and as health supplements. The most popular form available on the market today is the powdered form used in a variety of recipes like teas, lattes, smoothies and soups. The fresh leaves make a tasty and healthy addition to salads. Moringa has an herbal, grassy flavor a bit stronger in taste than matcha but still delicious.
What Are the Health Benefits of Moringa?
Moringa is packed with protein, essential amino acids, iron, calcium, potassium and vitamins A and C. Studies have shown that these nutrients can help strengthen hair, support healthy skin, lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels, combat iron deficiency, provide protection for the liver and more.
How Is Moringa Used?
Moringa powder is a healthy and delicious addition to drinks like lattes, teas and smoothies. A warm moringa latte is a perfect healthy start to the day.
Moringa Latte Recipe with California Gold Nutrition Moringa Powder
- 1 1/2 cups organic coconut or almond milk
- 1 1/2 rounded tsp. California Gold Nutrition organic moringa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey
- Place the moringa powder and honey in a mug. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Gently scald the coconut or almond milk in a saucepan.
- Pour a small amount of the milk into the honey and moringa mixture and stir well.
- Gently add the rest of the milk.
- Stir well and enjoy.